compared with normal metal materials, stainless steel has excellent properties of corrosion resistance & aesthetics.
internationally, the service life of stainless steel is 100-120 years and maintenance-free.
stainless steel has better comprehensive mechanical properties- excellent impact resistance, abrasion resistance, and 2.5 times higher impact absorption capacity than ordinary steel.
• high temperature and low temperature resistance
1) thermal strength of stainless steel, resistant to high temperature of 500-650℃
2) ordinary steel, 200-300 ℃
3) stainless steel is a good heat-resistant material and fire-proof material.
4) stainless steel can maintain high impact toughness at low temperature.
stainless steel can be maintained free or less, no need to be replaced, and has a long service life. its life cycle cost (lcc) is about 20% lower than ordinary steel (compared with 45-year life cycle).
• environmental protection
stainless steel can be 100% recycled. it’s a green material, in line with the 3r function (minimum consumption of resources, reusable, recyclable and renewable).
• three types of stainless steel grades commonly used
1) austenitic stainless steel (s30408, s30403, s31608, s31603, etc.)
2) ferritic stainless steel (sus443ji, sus445ji, sus445j2, etc.)
3) duplex stainless steel (s22053, etc.)
• ferritic iron and stainless steel
1) because there is no nickel, or less nickel, the price is relatively low.
2) low thermal expansion coefficient, easy to combine with carbon steel structure.
3) cold working deformation is similar to carbon steel and easy to be cold- formed.
4) easy to weld.